Dori Middlebrook Educational Consulting
As the parent of a high school student you will soon be faced with the daunting task of college applications. Let me help your child discover the school that is the right "fit" for him/her, make the process more loving, and help your child achieve the results they are hoping for.
How do you find a college or university where your child will thrive and not just survive? Many students select a school because their parents attended, it has name recognition, or they have friends that attend there. What factors should be considered when selecting a college? Did you know that there are over 3,000 colleges and universities in the United States? My job is to guide your student through a process of exploring options.
I focus on the following things:
- Saving you time-I meet with your child regularly to help organize and prepare him/her to apply to the right schools, at the right time, and in the most effective way.
- Saving you money-College is one of the biggest investments you will make. Making the wrong college choice can prove costly and can add years to the time necessary to complete a degree. College consulting increases the likelihood of your child selecting the right school for them.
- Making it fun and rewarding-I help students learn about themselves and potential college matches. We celebrate successes!
- Increasing scholarship opportunity-Discover schools that “want” your child to attend. Familiarize yourself with schools and programs awarding students with scholarships.
- Creating a Plan-I help students reduce anxiety by putting their plans into action and working towards their goals.
Reduce the stress in your household. Using my continuing education, college visits and knowledge of the process let me help your family navigate the college process with confidence.
Contact me for a 30 minute "meet and greet" where we can discuss your goals and desires, and you can discover the benefits of hiring an Independent Educational Consultant.
Dori has lived in Carlsbad and Encinitas for over 15 years and has been an active member of the community where she is raising her 3 daughters. She has been involved with PTA and fundraising efforts at Olivenhain Pioneer Elementary, Diegueno Middle School, and La Costa Canyon High School. She is a member of the National Charity League.Read more about Dori
I honestly don't know what I would do if it wasn't for Dori's help and guidance. I was overwhelmed with the process of college applications and financial aid profiles. I immediately trusted her from our first meeting and she put my mind at ease. The several meetings she had with my daughter were invaluable because Ally was very much a part of the process and in turn took ownership and felt empowered. She put her in charge of tasks and made sure each week these were accomplished. As a result of Dori's dedication and efficient work, Ally got into her dream school! We could not have done it without her."
Thank you so much for all your keen insight and incredible organization this year. You took the fear out of a very complex process and helped us uncover and secure successes and opportunities we would not have found on our own. Every college bound senior needs a Dori! You remained our objective advocate and you quickly diffused those stressful distractions and kept us on a productive, healthy path. College is a big investment. The process isn't what it used to be and your junior and senior years are so busy. Having an experienced advisor was really helpful. I would recommend you to any college bound student and parent."
You were great Dori! You helped me decide where to apply"